Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Norton Hears The Who

Apologies to Dr. Seuss


On a hot day in June, from the Garden came a Tune,

The Arena was cool, The sewer had stool,

He was sloshing.....fixing the sewer’s great clogs,

Was Norton the Sewer Worker Prodding Through all the Bogs.

So Norton stopped plunging, he heard a loud sound.

"That’s funny," said Norton, "I’m deep underground"

Then he heard Guitars blast, as loud as all thunder,

As if a Rock and Roll Band had joined him down under.



"I can’t stand it." cried Norton,. "This is not part of the Job.

The advertisement didn’t mention this, they just wanted a slob!"


Then he heard a loud crash, the drums caused a cave in!

"Ralphie Boy," cried Norton, "I may never get out,

arrange for the Raccoons to help me breakout.

This music it’s rotten. It’s no way to go.

The Who up above, me drowning below!

It’s their Generation their talking about,

it’s so loud I’m afraid I will never get out."


"I’m just some poor sewer worker, all dripping in crap

I know that there’s an exit, I know that there’s a trap.

The others called in sick, there was Harvey and Ken.

He vowed if he got out, "I won’t be fooled again."


Crash went the symbols and Daltry let out a yelp.

He was glad he wasn’t Tommy. He could at least yell for help!

But who would hear Norton, it didn’t compute.

Nobody knew where he was, he was merely a Substitute!

Trixie told me, thought Norton, not to work tonight.

I should have listened he thought, and I shouldn’t have worn white!

I know Ralph will save me, maybe Alice will help,

but all Norton could say was LuLu with a yelp!

And suddenly help came sloshing on through,

In stead of thanks, all Norton could say is I can’t stand The Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment